Saturday, April 18, 2009

poor baby Colton!

Sorry for the lack of posts...Justin has been busy with these last few weeks of school and has been hogging the computer, and poor Colton has been sick with pneumonia! Monday, Colton and I flew home from Florida, we boarded the plane around 4:30 and Colton fell asleep. Not to long into the flight he felt extremly hot and I couldn't keep him awake longer than a few seconds...I was stressing!! I always have Tylenol with me, but never had needed it before, so when I changed diaper bags for this trip I took it out. We landed finally in Jackson and raced over to Brian and Courtney's house to take his temperature which was 102+. So I gave him some meds, but the fever never broke.

Tuesday we headed up to the doctor. Colton was still running fever and lethargic. They drew blood and found that his white count was 25,000! Since his ears and throat looked great, they took urine, but that was negative for a UTI...so we headed over to the hospital for a chest x-ray...we thought it would be negative since his lungs sounded good, but what do you know, pneumonia in the left lobe!

Colton got a shot of antibiotic and they sent us home since he was taking food and fluids fine. We went back to the doctor on Wednesday for more blood work. His white count had dropped to 11,000, which was better, but still not great so they put him on an oral antibiotic. Colton is feeling much better now. It's weird that he does have pneumonia, because he never coughed, and still is not coughing! I'm just so thankful to have my sweet baby feeling better

1 comments:

The Johnsons' said...

I am so happy to see some new pics! I am so sorry he has been sick and so glad he is feeling better. Miss you guys!