We have been taking advantage of the nice weather and spending time outside. Colton LOVES the water (which is good, considering both Justin and I were swimmers, however, we both HATED the water when we were young). Colton has been swimming in his baby pool and we have taken him to the pool at Ole Miss. Since the weather has been nice we have done some yard work and cooking out the last few weekends.
Colton had PE tubes placed on Thursday at Le Bonheur East. Justin and I were so impressed with the surgery center, the morning went so smoothly. I wasn't worried about the 5 minute surgery that Colton was having as much as how he was going to act without having any food since 8:00 pm the previous evening. I was so worried about it, I had to call the surgery center and explain to them that they didn't understand Colton, he is just like his father...CRAZY about food! They reassured me that Colton would be so pre-occupied he would forget about hungry. I had my doubts, but they were right. There were 4 other babies Colton's age there that morning, and they all played with all the cool toys and had no idea what they were getting ready to do.
Colton and Justin after surgery
They surgery went great. Dr. Colvin said that Colton's ears were not infected at the time, but his eardrums were thick which is caused by recurrent ear infections. His eardrums should return to normal in 2-3 weeks. The nurses were just amazed with Colton after his tubes were placed. They warned us before he went back that after they woke him up he would probably be upset/crying/screaming. That was not the case at all, he was a perfect angel!
We are looking forward to the upcoming weeks. I'm heading to Atlanta for a girls weekend with my old co-workers, then we are off to Florida for Colton's family birthday party. I can't BELIEVE it has already been a year!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Summer
Posted by Jennifer at 6:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
So glad to hear that the surgery went well. I am so glad for the updates and we must get together again soon.
Post a Comment