Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holiday fun!

We have made it back from our nice vacation and are back to reality (well I am, Justin is still enjoying his break, classes don't start until next week!) We had a wonderful time in New Mexico and enjoyed our white Christmas! We flew in to Albuquerque late Christmas eve, stayed the night there and then made the three hour trek to Angel Fire Christmas morning. Colton did awesome with all the traveling...he has a few miles under his belt in just 5 months of life! It was a beautiful drive through the mountains as snow continued to fall and never let up until the next day. The fresh snow made perfect conditions for three days of skiing. This was my first time to tackle down hill skiing (we grew up cross country skiing, which Justin describes as completely boring...he is a speed freak!) I survived the three days...still far from an expert, but I did master the snow plow/pizza pie all the way down the mountain!!

We also enjoyed a fabulous massage, great food and a fun family version of Deal or no Deal (Justin and I were the big winners!!) One not so fun thing...we all got the stomach virus, that is everyone except Colton...thank goodness, because it was not fun. Overall it was a great time...now back to work and back to school. This is Justin's final semester...May is almost here, woo hoo!!

0 comments: