So I'm two weeks late, but I'll bring y'all up to speed. Colton went for his 6 month appointment two weeks ago, and we got another clean bill of health (thank goodness!) He weighed 18.4 pounds (58 %tile), and was 27 inches (60 %tile). Colton continues to meet milestones, since I blogged last, he now sits independently and babbles a whole lot. His favorites are la-la-la, da-da-da, ga-ga-ga, and bla-bla. he is working on getting little finger foods into his mouth, its pretty funny to watch.
The doctor asked if he was starting to scoot, and my response was "well, I never have him on his stomach" and that is because Colton spits up a lot, and its even worse when he is on his stomach. I told the doctor that there are some days that I will feed him orange or green vegetables at lunch and six hours later he is still spitting up orange/green. It's more spit up when he is on his stomach, and then he is hungry two hours later. So he started Colton on some zantac, which worked for two days, but now we are back to spitting up again, not as bad, but still a lot at times. The doctor called in prevacid today, but when I went to pick it up, I was informed that my new CRAPPY insurance wasn't going to cover it...so the pharmacy is calling the doctor tomorrow to see if there is anything else he could take that the insurance will cover. All in all, things are wonderful, Colton is at such an exciting age, it's so much fun watching him learn everyday!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
6 month update
Posted by Jennifer at 6:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aww, he is growing so fast! And you made me nervous when you started the blog out "I'm two weeks late"....I thought there was another Whitaker on the way:)
You know, when Mac was on reflux meds (not sure which one) they told Bess that it would still take a week (maybe 2??) for it to fully work. Just a thought for that Zantac before you spend a million $$ on that Prevacid. :)
He is super cute! He and Julianna need to meet up for a play date sometime.
Post a Comment